What is the healthiest way to consume A2 ghee?
Milk and its substitutes like ghee have been our kitchen staple since a long long time. consume a2 Ghee is crucial for all ages because of its property of ensuring wholesome nutrition. You may have heard how our elders emphasise on consuming foods made from desi cow ghee. But did you know of the different ways in which it can be used? Read this article to know more:
What is A2 ghee?
Before we move on to the best ways to consume A2 ghee, let us first understand what A2 ghee actually is. A2 ghee is made from A2 milk. The ‘A2’ in A2 milk is a specific type of protein that has nutritional benefits. Most foreign-bred cow milk contain both A1 and A2 proteins, which can be hard to digest.h
On the other hand, desi cow ghee, especially pure Gir cow ghee is made from a traditional hand-churned ‘bilona’ process which keeps essential micro and macro-nutrients intact. A2 ghee is rich in antioxidants, omega-6 fatty acids, and vitamins like B2, B12, B6, C, E, and K that are essential for both physical and mental health.
Here some of the best ways to consume A2 Ghee:
- When A2 ghee is applied all over the body, it bypasses the digestive system and penetrates directly into the tissues. Our body literally “eats” what we put on our skin as it is believed that 60% of what is placed on the skin is absorbed into the body. Scientifically speaking, massaging creates endorphins or peptides, which enhance the body’s immune system. It is also believed that regular Abhyanga can inhibit the aging process.
- Several medical practitioners suggest that a small amount of desi cow ghee if taken first thing in the morning oleates the internal organs. As a result, it dilutes the toxic wastes in the tissues allowing them to be eliminated through the digestive tract. Using A2 ghee in this process can be more beneficial.
- Another best way to consume A2 ghee is to take one or two teaspoons first thing in the morning with hot water. This will promptly produce a bowel movement and warm the body quickly. Two spoonsful of A2 ghee in warm (non-homogenized) milk before bedtime can have a soothing effect on nerves and lubricate the intestines, thereby facilitating bowel movement in the morning.
- A2 Ghee or desi cow ghee is also excellent for cooking and sautéing or stir-frying as it has one of the highest flash points and is very difficult to burn.
- Some dental experts suggest that ghee is excellent to gargle with, as it can improve the health of the teeth and gums.
- It is also excellent for scrapes and burns and can be used in the eyes for tiredness or fatigue.
- Ghee is an exquisite facial moisturizer.
- It is also believed that a few drops of ghee when placed in the nostrils, can prevent nosebleeds. Doing the same twice in a day can also provide relief from headaches.